Duterte Denies Challenging Roxas to Gun Duel

From a report by Francis Faulve, ABS-CBN News
Posted at 12/16/15 7:36 AM

Davao City mayor says ‘killing 1,700’ was exaggeration

MANILA – Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte on Monday evening denied he challenged fellow presidential aspirant Mar Roxas to a gun duel.

Duterte also downplayed earlier reports saying he killed 1,700 criminals in Davao City, saying he was merely exaggerating.

The tough-talking mayor met with House Speaker Sonny Belmonte late Tuesday night to discuss his ongoing feud with Roxas.

Duterte said he was advised by Belmonte to “cool off” with his issues with Roxas.

After the dinner, Duterte told reporters that there was no truth to reports saying that he allegedly challenged Roxas in a gun duel.

The feud between the two presidential hopefuls started after Roxas said that peace and order is a myth in Davao. His statement caught the ire of the incumbent Davao City mayor.

In response, Duterte claimed that Roxas is not a graduate of the Wharton School of Economics at the University of Pennsylvania.

“You claim to have graduated from Wharton School of Economics. That is a myth — you did not graduate sa Wharton School of Economics, Mr. Roxas. Wala doon sa listahan na naka-kumpleto ka ng 4 years o 5 years for a degree,” Duterte said.

Roxas maintained that he earned his economics degree from Wharton.

CHANCES OF RECONCILIATION

Duterte is not closing his doors to a possible reconciliation with Roxas.

However, he insisted that Roxas started the verbal feud.

“I did not start the verbal hassle,” Duterte claimed.

The city mayor also said that he is not expecting an apology from Roxas as a mere handshake would do.

“Hindi na kailangan (mag-sorry). Sa tunay na lalaki, basta i-abot lang ang kamay,” Duterte explained.

Duterte also pointed out that Roxas previously cited Davao City for its governance, so his criticism of the city was unexpected.

“He was criticizing Davao. And at about 3 months before he resigned, binigyan pa nga ako ng good housekeeping award,” Duterte explained.

ON ALLEGED EXTRAJUDICIAL KILLINGS

Duterte also took the opportunity to clarify that he was merely exaggerating when he said that he has killed 1,700 criminals.

“If my answer is ridiculous, eh sanay akong gan’un,” Duterte said.

“Eh saan ko ililibing ang mga ‘yun?” Duterte quipped, referring to the 1,700 he allegedly killed.

However, he confirmed he was involved in the killing of three rapist-kidnappers.

Meanwhile, Duterte admitted that he does not care at all if he gets disqualified from the presidential race.

“I said they can disqualify me for all I care. In the first place, wala talaga akong ambisyon maging presidente,” he reiterated.

SOURCE: http://news.abs-cbn.com/nation/12/16/15/duterte-denies-challenging-roxas-to-gun-duel

Advertisements

About crazycousin377

Anti-Duterte, Anti-Marcos, Anti-Binay

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: